The Ethereal World Of Daniel Leighton
Los Angeles Art Association/Gallery 825 in October/November of 2015 when this interview took place. "Permission To Enter" infuses conceptual art, new media and eastern philosophy provoking a wide range of emotions from the viewer. Combining iPad paintings and an iOS application that Daniel created, (“Daniel Leighton Art + AR”), he sketches rainbow-colored images resulting in digital paintings then taking it one step further by adding the element of Augmented Reality (AR). AR allows the viewer to interact with the painting through iPhone/iPad, which Daniel programs to recognize the image and can customize with new visuals and sounds. Every single one of his paintings are a combination of iPad’s Procreate and Sketchclub apps, utilizing the Wacom Bamboo Stylus, Nomad Brush, and Sensu Brushes.
- Artist in Conversation: Kayla Tange — The multidisciplinary performance artist / exotic dancer sits down with LAiCREATIVES to discuss what it means to be an emotional voyeur and why the human condition only wants one thing . . . connection. Kayla Tange More with Kayla on our New Podcast Sex, Magick & Dessert : Kayla Tange defies the antiquated stereotypes of [...]
- ARTIST TALK & LIVE PAINTING : PE... — Artist in Conversation: Peter Greco Moderated by Franceasca Seiden of LAiCREATIVES Sunday, October 9, 2016 Artist Talk & Live Painting: 1:30pm LosJoCos Gallery 725 Kohler Street, Los Angeles 90021 https://www.facebook.com/events/307215396306661/ I Wake Up In The Dream LosJoCos Gallery proudly presents “DIVINE WRITE” featuring new works by Typographer and Street Artist, Peter Greco. The opening reception [...]
- INTERVIEW | “DIVINE WRITE,̶... — Peter Greco is a Toltec practitioner, an artist and a lifelong seeker of knowledge. Greco has mastered the balance between commercial art, fine art and street art without sacrificing his signature unique style. He is also considered somewhat of an anomaly with his soft spoken manner and slight aversion to the spotlight that shines on [...]
- “Divine Write” A Solo Exh... — LosJoCos Gallery is proud to present “Divine Write” the first solo exhibition from acclaimed street artist and typographer, Peter Greco. The opening reception will be held from 7-10pm on Saturday, October 1, 2016 and will run through October 16, 2016 at LosJoCos Gallery, 725 Kohler Street, Los Angeles, CA 90021. Peter Greco is considered of [...]
- Artist Spotlight : Amy Smith, “... — Westfield Culver City taps into LA’s flourishing art world launching their Pop-Up Art program. Amy Smith, a Mixed Media Contemporary Artist, kicks off the newly developed arts initiative with her series “Art By ColorScape.” Smith blends thought provoking phrases with vibrant colors using a variety of technique and mediums including collage, acrylic paint and detailed [...]