Founded by Chris Davies, the President of Fabrik Media, a Los Angeles-based publishing and marketing agency was concerned by the art fair under-representation of talented photographers. As an out of the box thinker and believer, Davies, created a fair that provides a unique forum of exchange between photographers and art professionals through exhibitions and specialized programs. Notably, The Dialogue offers visitors insights into the current and future landscape of contemporary photography. Distinguished curators and photographers will lead The Dialogue, offering first-hand insight into the practice and profession of image making through lectures, panel and round-table discussions. The exhibition also includes a Guest of Honor, Andy Summers, photographer and member of "The Police"; a Special Exhibitions section; and a series of talks, "The Dialogue," meant to deepen one's knowledge of contemporary photography.
Photo Independent: The International Exposition of Contemporary Photography Wow’s During LA Photo Month
- The Legacy of Brad Branson: Capturing... — Jean Michel Basquiat Brad Branson died suddenly from Cancer in 2012 at 49 years of age. He left behind an incredible wealth of photographs documenting the arts and fashion scene of the 80s and 90s. His sister, Jan Lane gathered the many large cartons of his work that he had left in the care of [...]
- Emerging Alchemy : Two Opposites From... — SWOO65x30Photo Credit: Thomas Fryd “Emerging Alchemy” is as much an exploration of Danish design sensibility as it is figure and form. Originally from Denmark and now making their mark on Los Angeles, the show is a multi-faceted collaboration between celebrated photographer / cinematographer Thomas Fryd and the much sought-after street artist / graphic designer Mikael [...]
- “Emerging Alchemy” A Collaboration Ex... — Project Gallery Presents Multi-Media “Emerging Alchemy” LOODER60x60Photo Credit: Thomas Fryd May 16, 2015 - June 11, 2015 Opening Reception 7pm – 10pm ZOUL50x40Photo Credit: Thomas Fryd “Emerging Alchemy” is as much an exploration of Danish design sensibility as it is figure and form. Originally from Denmark and now making their mark on Los Angeles, [...]
- The Music Of David Lynch Brought Out ... — “May auspiciousness be seen everywhere. May suffering belong to no one.” - David Lynch David Lynch, Photo by Paula Tripodi The most talented names in music came out to honor David Lynch in support of the anniversary/fundraiser of The David Lynch Foundation. The stellar line up consisted of Lynch’s long time friend and film composer [...]
- Progressive & Unique: There are ... — Held at the The Geffen Contemporary at MOCA in Arts District/Little Tokyo for its consecutive third year. LAABF is a breath of fresh air to the quintessential stagnate art fair although some may be overwhelmed by its crassness this is what makes the fair differ from the rest. For most of us the art fair [...]