OSCILLATOR: a late nite “Grand Opening” synth party, Proudly Presents a Live Performance by Legendary Producer, ARTHUR BAKER.
Oscillator will celebrate the formal opening of its permanent synth space in DTLA (after 35 events thrown in pop up fashion) with the one and only, ARTHUR BAKER, performing a rare 'Live Synth+Drum-Machine/DJ Combination set, chronicling the genesis of Early Electro including his own contributions to the genre. Baker, a Roland 808 Pioneer, is best known for producing the classic hip hop/electro anthem "Planet Rock" with Afrika Bambaattaa and Planet Patrol in 1982. The record combined elements from two Kraftwerk recordings, "Trans Europe Express" and "Numbers," which were interpolated by studio musicians, rather than sampled. Later that year, utilizing unused tracks from “Planet Rock, he later produced Planet Patrols’ single, "Play at Your Own Risk.” In 1983, Baker co-wrote "Confusion" and "Thieves Like Us" with infamous British group New Order. The 12-inch single "Confusion" was a crossover hit on the U.S. dance charts, and established a relationship between Baker and the band that has continued for more than 30 years.
- Artist in Conversation: Kayla Tange — The multidisciplinary performance artist / exotic dancer sits down with LAiCREATIVES to discuss what it means to be an emotional voyeur and why the human condition only wants one thing . . . connection. Kayla Tange More with Kayla on our New Podcast Sex, Magick & Dessert : Kayla Tange defies the antiquated stereotypes of [...]
- INTERVIEW | “DIVINE WRITE,̶... — Peter Greco is a Toltec practitioner, an artist and a lifelong seeker of knowledge. Greco has mastered the balance between commercial art, fine art and street art without sacrificing his signature unique style. He is also considered somewhat of an anomaly with his soft spoken manner and slight aversion to the spotlight that shines on [...]
- Art By Colorscape | An Interview with... — Amy Smith is a Los Angeles based artist creating colorful and empowering contemporary art. Inspired by street art, couture fashion, and photography. She designs in collections, using each style to represent a different inspiration. These collections include fashion illustration, acrylic painting, digital painting, and mixed media collage. Her digital paintings have been turned into wall [...]
- Q&A | MONCHO1929 New Series ... — "City"Moncho NEW AMSTERDAM VODKA PRESENTS “IT’S YOUR TOWN” Thursday, June 23, 2016 7pm at LAB Art 217 S. La Brea Ave Los Angeles, CA 90036 Organic can be defined as forming an integral element, having systematic coordination of parts or even having the characteristics of an organism. All of these relate to both the creation [...]
- Artist In Conversation Matthew Carey ... — Exorcise II - Matthew Carey EXORCISE II, Matthew Carey 2016 LosJoCos Gallery Presents:CRACKING/WISE Artist in Conversation: Matthew Carey and Cynthia Johnson Moderated by Jeremy Quant of Dot Red Art Tours & Events Closing Reception: Sunday, July 31st 2pm - 6pm LosJoCos Gallery 725 Kohler Street, Los Angeles 90021 LosJoCos Gallery proudly presents “Cracking/Wise” featuring new [...]