Emerging Alchemy : Two Opposites From Denmark Collaborate To Create A Multi-Faceted Madness Of Beauty
Thomas Fryd and the much sought-after street artist / graphic designer Mikael B (known as KETS in the graffiti world). The result is 15 original canvases (and two sculptures) that originated from the black & white images of Fryd’s Homorphology series, featuring stunning, yet disturbing amalgamations of human body parts. Another layer of depth has been added by Mikael B’s ethereal and colorful cloudscapes. In conjunction with designer toy and fabrication studio Pretty In Plastic, two of the Homorphology photos have been turned into sculptures, which Mikael B painted in his signature style.
- ARTIST TALK & LIVE PAINTING : PE... — Artist in Conversation: Peter Greco Moderated by Franceasca Seiden of LAiCREATIVES Sunday, October 9, 2016 Artist Talk & Live Painting: 1:30pm LosJoCos Gallery 725 Kohler Street, Los Angeles 90021 https://www.facebook.com/events/307215396306661/ I Wake Up In The Dream LosJoCos Gallery proudly presents “DIVINE WRITE” featuring new works by Typographer and Street Artist, Peter Greco. The opening reception [...]
- INTERVIEW | “DIVINE WRITE,̶... — Peter Greco is a Toltec practitioner, an artist and a lifelong seeker of knowledge. Greco has mastered the balance between commercial art, fine art and street art without sacrificing his signature unique style. He is also considered somewhat of an anomaly with his soft spoken manner and slight aversion to the spotlight that shines on [...]
- “Divine Write” A Solo Exh... — LosJoCos Gallery is proud to present “Divine Write” the first solo exhibition from acclaimed street artist and typographer, Peter Greco. The opening reception will be held from 7-10pm on Saturday, October 1, 2016 and will run through October 16, 2016 at LosJoCos Gallery, 725 Kohler Street, Los Angeles, CA 90021. Peter Greco is considered of [...]
- Artist Spotlight : Amy Smith, “... — Westfield Culver City taps into LA’s flourishing art world launching their Pop-Up Art program. Amy Smith, a Mixed Media Contemporary Artist, kicks off the newly developed arts initiative with her series “Art By ColorScape.” Smith blends thought provoking phrases with vibrant colors using a variety of technique and mediums including collage, acrylic paint and detailed [...]
- The Legacy of Brad Branson: Capturing... — Jean Michel Basquiat Brad Branson died suddenly from Cancer in 2012 at 49 years of age. He left behind an incredible wealth of photographs documenting the arts and fashion scene of the 80s and 90s. His sister, Jan Lane gathered the many large cartons of his work that he had left in the care of [...]